The University of Gibraltar offers prestigious Commonwealth PhD Scholarship, an opportunity for researchers who are citizens of the Commonwealth to study at iconic Europa Point Campus. The purpose of the scholarship is to enhance individual teaching and research capacity leading to increased institutional capacity in academic and other sectors in Commonwealth countries and to contribute to Gibraltar’s higher education and research by attracting international candidates and encouraging links and collaboration.
The scholarship is intended for high-quality graduates who have the potential to become influential leaders, teachers, or researchers in their home countries, and whose proposed research topic has been demonstrated to the satisfaction of the selection committee to have a developmental and leadership focus.
Eligibility: To apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
* Be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than the host country (The UK and/or Gibraltar) or British protected person;
* Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country (http://thecommonwealth.org/member-countries)
* Be available to start your academic studies in Gibraltar by the start of the academic year in October;
* By October, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
Additionally, applicants should usually:
2. hold a Master’s degree awarded by a UK University, or an overseas Master’s degree of an equivalent standard;
3. have a good honors degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline, and ideally have research and/or professional experience at postgraduate level as evidenced in published work, written reports or other appropriate evidence of accomplishment.
4. If English is not your first language you must demonstrate evidence of English language ability
Value of Program: The Gibraltar Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme provides financial support to include all University fees, one annual return trip to and from the country of residence and a monthly stipend towards completion of a three-year full-time doctoral postgraduate qualification at the University of Gibraltar.
How to Apply: Visit link below.