Each year the Society of Petroleum Engineers – SPE – Foundation, through the SPE Section Scholarship Support Program, as well as with individual candidates, awards the Gus Archie Memorial Scholarship to the most outstanding student preparing to attend university to pursue an Undergraduate Degree in Petroleum Engineering. The Gus Archie Memorial Scholarship is supported by the Archie Fund of the Society of Petroleum Engineers – SPE – Foundation.
Field of Study: The Gus Archie Scholarship is restricted to first-year petroleum engineering students ONLY.
Eligibility: This is a merit based scholarship. Recipients are typically in the top 3% in both class ranking and standardized test scores.
* Must intend to enroll in petroleum engineering in a recognized university program according to your country or region, leading to an undergraduate degree in petroleum engineering
* Must become an SPE member once eligible
* Comply with sanction policy
* Complete the electronic appli
Only applications submitted via the link provided will be accepted. Applications received in any other format will not be eligible.
If awarded, each semester, you must:
* Be enrolled in a petroleum engineering class by the beginning of the second year of university
* Remain in petroleum engineering degree program
* Maintain at least 2/3 of a full academic load
* Have and maintain a satisfactory average of scores/marks for the current semester and cumulative total
Number of Awardees: 1
Value of the Program: USD 5,000 per year
Duration of Scholarship: four years
How to Apply: Visit link below.