The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) provides a diverse group of emerging leaders with a scholarship for one semester of non-degree academic study at a U.S. college or university. The program is sponsored by the U.S Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, and aims to recruit participants from underrepresented, non-elite backgrounds. Successful applicants can expect an in-depth exposure to U.S. society, culture, and academic institutions, as well as an opportunity to enhance their professional skills. All participants will be enrolled in full-time, non-degree, undergraduate course work chosen from their host institution’s existing curriculum.
Eligible African Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Zimbabwe (more Africa countries may be included subsequently).
Eligible Field of Study: Students from all academic disciplines are encouraged to apply for the Global UGRAD program. Possible fields of study include the humanities, arts, social sciences, mathematical science, natural and physical sciences, engineering and applied science.
Eligibility: The Global UGRAD Program is open to anyone who is/has:
* over 18 years of age;
* a citizen of a UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country;
* enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the UGRAD program;
* completed secondary education in their home country;
* a solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
* able to begin studies in the United States in August or January (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
* eligible to receive and maintain the US student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
* cleared by a physician to participate in the program;
* committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
Number of Awardees: Global UGRAD will provide a select group of approximately 250 students
Value of the Program: The scholarship will cover international travel, tuition, room and board, accident/sickness insurance, a small monthly stipend, and funding for books.
Duration of Scholarship: One semester
How to Apply: Visit link below.