The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (Fulbright TEA) brings international teachers to the United States for a six-week program that offers academic seminars for professional development at a host university. Participants observe classrooms and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university and at local secondary schools.
Eligible African Countries: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ghana, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Tunisia, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Eligibility: Details for this program may vary by country. In general, applicants must meet the following criteria:
* Current secondary school-level,* full-time teacher in an institution serving primarily a local population;
* A bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
* Five or more years of classroom experience as a teacher of English, English as a foreign language (EFL), mathematics, science, or social studies, including special education teachers in those subject areas;
* Proficient in written and spoken English with a TOEFL score of 450 on the paper-based TOEFL or an equivalent English-language examination;**
* Demonstrated commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program; and
* A complete application.
*Secondary-level teachers include both middle and high school teachers working with students between approximately 12 and 18 years of age. Teachers responsible for teaching additional grade levels must teach middle school or high school students more than 50% of their work time in order to be eligible for the program.
**A limited number of participants with TOEFL scores between 425 and 450, or equivalent, will be accepted for the program in a special cohort that will include additional English-language training as part of the professional development program.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of the Program: The Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program is fully funded pending availability of funds.
Duration of Scholarship: 6 weeks
How to Apply: Visit link below.