The American College of Surgeons offers International Guest Scholarships to young surgeons from countries other than the United States or Canada who have demonstrated strong interests in teaching and research. The scholarships provide the scholars with an opportunity to visit clinical, teaching, and research activities in the U.S. and Canada and to attend and participate fully in the educational opportunities and activities of the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress.
Eligible Fields of Study: Medicine-related fields
* Applicants must be graduates of schools of medicine who have completed their surgical training.
* Applicants must be at least 35 years old, but under 50, on the date that the completed application is filed.
* Applicants must submit their applications from their intended permanent location. Applications will be accepted for processing only when the applicants have been in surgical practice, teaching, or research for a minimum of one year at their intended permanent location, following completion of all formal training (including fellowships and scholarships).
* Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to teaching and/or research in accordance with the standards of the applicant’s country.
* Early careerists are deemed more suitable than those who are serving in senior academic appointments.
* Applicants must submit a fully completed application form provided by the College on its website. The application and accompanying materials must be submitted in English. Submission of a curriculum vitae only is not acceptable.
* Applicants must provide a list of all of their publications and must submit, in addition, three complete publications (reprints or manuscripts) of their choice from that list.
* Preference may be given to applicants who have not already experienced training or surgical fellowships in the U.S. or Canada.
* Applicants must submit independently prepared letters of recommendation from three of their colleagues.
* The online application form is structured to assist the Scholarship Selection Subcommittee and assists the applicant in submitting a structured curriculum vitae.
* The International Guest Scholarships must be used in the year for which they are designated. They cannot be postponed.
* Applicants who are awarded scholarships will provide a full written report of the experiences provided through the scholarships upon completion of their tours.
* An unsuccessful applicant may reapply only twice and only by completing and submitting a new application together with new supporting documentation.
Value of the Program: The scholarships provide successful applicants with the privilege of participating in the College’s annual Clinical Congress held in San Francisco, CA, with public recognition of their presence. They will receive gratis admission to selected postgraduate courses plus admission to all lectures, demonstrations, and exhibits, which are an integral part of the Clinical Congress.
How to Apply: Visit link below.