These awards provide young faculty members from countries other than the United States and Canada with the opportunity to participate in a variety of educational opportunities for faculty development and enhancement that will result in acquisition of new knowledge and skills in surgical education and training. This knowledge and these skills will be useful in improving surgical education and training at the scholar’s home institution and country.
* Applicants must be graduates of schools of medicine.
* Applicants must be at least 30 years old but under 45 on the date that the completed application is filed.
* Applicants must submit their applications from their intended permanent location.
* Applications will be accepted for processing only when the applicants have been in surgical practice and teaching for a minimum of five years following completion of all formal training (including fellowships and scholarships).
* Applicants must submit a fully completed online application form provided by the College on its website. The application and accompanying materials must be in English. Submission of a curriculum vitae only is not acceptable.
* Applicants must submit independently prepared letters of recommendation from three (3) of their colleagues. One letter must be from the chair of the department in which they hold an academic appointment and must provide evidence of support of the scholar’s objectives from the leadership at the home institution. Letters of recommendation should be submitted directly by the persons making the recommendations.
* The International Scholarships for Surgical Education must be used in the year for which they are designated. They cannot be postponed.
* Awardees are expected to provide a written report upon their return home, specifically focusing on the value of the visit to the awardee and the potential beneficial effect to patients in the country of origin.
* Unsuccessful applicants may reapply only twice and only by completing and submitting a current application form provided by the College together with new supporting documentation.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of the Program: Each scholarship provides a stipend of $10,000, supporting travel and per diem in the U.S., and the cost of courses undertaken at the Clinical Congress and at the centers to be visited.
How to Apply: Visit link below.