The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with Michigan State University USA to provide full tuition scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa. MSU will host the most scholars among the six U.S. partner institutions. Students who have demonstrated academic talent, are economically disadvantaged and have a personal commitment to give back to their countries are invited to apply for these scholarships.
Eligibility: The program is open to residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Students must be first-time applicants to MSU.
* Prior completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Africa with academic achievements suggesting continued academic success as graduate student.
* Strong commitment to a professional path in line with the area of study that can positively impact Africa.
* An interest in and capacity for give-back, evidenced by commitment and engagement on campus, in professional pursuits and/or community.
* Manifest ethical behavior and strong character essential to joining The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network.
* Ability to deal with change, uncertainty, and adversity, as well as interest in other countries and cultures, necessary to succeed as a student overseas and represent one’s home country in this role.
* Significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin
* Commitment to give back in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of the Program: Full financial, academic and social support.
Duration of Scholarship: For the full period of masters’ study
How to Apply: Visit link below.