The Core Curriculum for the AfyaBora Fellowship is taught at the African partner institutions and brings together each new cohort of African and U.S. trainees. The Core Curriculum consists of eight one-week didactic modules. The AfyaBora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership works to fill an identified gap in training for African and U.S. health professionals. This innovative 12-month fellowship will prepare African and U.S. health professionals to lead and manage major health programs in African countries.
Eligible African Countries: Botswana, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda or the US
Field of Study: Medical and Nursing applicants, and Public Health professional
* Medical applicants need to have a M.D. or MBChB with a MMed or Masters degree in related field.
* Nursing applicants need to have a Masters degree in nursing, public health or a related field (PhD preferred), or substantial work experience.
* Other public health professionals (those without a clinical degree) must have a Doctoral degree in public health or a related field.
Number of Awardees: 20
Value of the Program:
* Airfare from home to training sites of the AfyaBora Fellowship
* Monthly stipend equivalent to $1500 per month
* Evacuation insurance if stationed outside home country
* Accommodations and per diem up if attending didactic sessions and meetings outside of home country
* Housing allowance of up to $750 per month if placed outside of home country
* Reimbursement for other selected fellowship-specific activities in Africa (i.e. travel to rural sites, visa, etc.)
Duration of Program: 12 months
How to Apply: Visit link below.