Building on the capacity strengthening component of the project, several short-term graduate student visiting scholar positions for Nigerian students at Masters and PhD level will be offered at Michigan State University (MSU), East Lansing, Michigan, United States of America over the 5 year life of the project.
Eligible African Countries: Nigeria
Eligibility: Applicants must be/have:
* Nigerians studying in the area of Agriculture, at Post Graduate level in an accredited higher education institution in Nigeria
* Good academic standing in their academic institution having the equivalent of a minimum GPA of 3.5 out of 5 (or equivalent for a 2nd class, upper division).
* Good moral standing and found to be a fit and proper persons and in no way have any pending disciplinary cases before a duly recognized and constituted disciplinary body.
* Demonstrated interest in an area being studied by researchers working under the Nigeria Agricultural Policy Project.
* Accept the responsibilities attached to participation.
Number of Awardees: Five (3 Masters, 2 PhD)
Value of Program:
* Travel related costs, lodging and meals. Travel related costs are limited to visa fees, visa procurement, and round trip air tickets from Nigeria to East Lansing, Michigan USA.
* Monthly stipend of $1,000. Up to 4 months for the Master’s Level, and up to 9 months for the PhD level.
* Medical insurance for the duration of the Project Scholar’s MSU program.
* No support whatsoever is provided for dependents.
How to Apply: Visit link below.