Four fellows will be selected for this highly competitive program, which combines coursework in residence at Columbia Journalism School and Teachers College, and hands-on advising from education writing experts. The Spencer Fellowship for Education Reporting is open to journalists, educators and education policy researchers who want to develop an ambitious, long-form journalism project to advance the understanding of education.
* International candidates may apply.
* English language proficiency is mandatory.
* all materials including publication clips must be translated into English.
* There are no academic prerequisites. However, the applicant must have an interest in pursuing academic coursework in support of the project.
* Applicants are encouraged to propose a course work of study, including a list of experts at Columbia who could be enlisted to work with the fellow.
* Applicants with a full-time job should provide the school with a letter that approves a leave of absence for the academic year. In turn, the candidate should produce a signed agreement that he or she will rejoin the organization with a finished or nearly finished project.
Number of Awardees: 4
Value of Fellowship: Each fellow will be awarded a stipend of $75,000 for personal living expenses, plus $7500 for project expenses.
How to Apply: Visit link below.