The Wilson Center invites scholars, practitioners, journalists and public intellectuals to take part in its flagship international Fellowship Program. Fellows conduct research and write in their areas of interest, while interacting with policymakers in Washington and Wilson Center staff and other scholars in residence.
* Citizens or permanent residents from any country
* Men and women with outstanding capabilities and experience from a wide variety of backgrounds (including academia, business, government, journalism, and other professions)
* Academic candidates holding a Ph.D.
* Academic candidates demonstrating scholarly achievement by publications beyond their doctoral dissertations
* Practitioners or policymakers with an equivalent level of professional achievement
* English proficiency as the Center is designed to encourage the exchange of ideas among its fellows
Number of Awards: 15-20
Value of the Program:
* Each fellow is assigned a furnished office around the clock.
* The Wilson Center Library provides loan privileges with the Library of Congress and access to digital resources, its book and journal collections, and to university and special libraries in the area, and other research facilities.
* Windows-based personal computers are provided, and each fellow is offered a part-time research assistant.
* Although fellows are responsible for locating their own housing in the Washington, D.C. area, the Center provides written materials to help facilitate the search process.
* The Center tries to ensure that the fellowship award, when combined with the recipient’s other sources of income (e.g. other grants and sabbatical allowances), approximates an individual’s current level of income.
* Awards will also include round trip travel for fellows.
* If spouses and/or dependent children will reside with the fellow for the entire fellowship period, money for their travel will also be included.
* In addition to stipends and travel allowances, the Center provides 75 percent of health insurance premiums for fellows who elect Center coverage and for their accompanying family members.
Duration of Program: Fellows are expected to be in residence for the entire U.S. academic year (early September through May). Occasionally, fellowships are awarded for shorter periods, with a minimum of four months.
How to Apply: Visit link below.