The UASP Fellowships in Research Management support the development of university research management capacity through a six-week fellowship in the United States for mid- to senior-level research managers. Two weeks of training in Washington, DC, a virtual learning environment, and a four-week placement at a respected US university support participants to build their universities into leading research institutions. Following the placement, fellows are supported to implement reforms in their home institution.
Eligible African Countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda
Eligibility: Applicants must:
* Be proficient in writing, reading, and speaking English;
* Be able to receive and maintain a J-1 visa;
* Be available to participate in fellowships in the United States for approximately six weeks during fall or winter;
* Be committed to producing an implementation plan or comparative case study on a topic of research management while in the United States; and
* Hold a full-time position focusing on research management at an eligible university,* with sufficient seniority to be an agent for change (capacity to introduce reforms following program participation).
Number of Awards: up to 32
Value of the Program: The program support participants to build their universities into leading research institutions through:
* Two weeks of intensive research management and leadership training (PDF, 74 KB) in Washington, DC
* A virtual learning environment
* Peer-to-peer learning
* A four-week placement analyzing and observing research management operations at a respected public US university
* Support implementing reforms in fellows’ home institutions following the US placement
How to Apply: Visit link below.