The Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Residency Program is a one-year research training program with Facebook’s AI Research group, designed to give you hands-on experience of machine learning research. The program will pair you with a senior researcher or engineer in FAIR, who will act as your mentor. Together, you will pick a research problem of mutual interest and then devise new deep learning techniques to solve it.
Eligibility: Prior experience in machine learning is certainly a strength but the program seek people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including areas ostensibly unrelated to machine learning such as (but not limited to) math, physics, finance, economics, linguistics, computational social science, and bioinformatics.
* Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
* Completed coursework in: Linear Algebra, Probability, Calculus, or equivalent.
* Coding experience in a general-purpose programming language, such as Python or C/C++.
* Familiarity with a deep learning platform such as PyTorch, Caffe, Theano, or TensorFlow.
* Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
* Research experience in machine learning or AI (as established for instance via publications and/or code releases).
* Significant contributions to open-source projects, demonstrating strong math, engineering, statistics, or machine learning skills.
* A strong track record of scholastic excellence.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of the Program: Residents will be paid a competitive salary. Residents will also:
* Learn how to perform research in deep learning and AI.
* Understand prior work and existing literature.
* Work with research mentor(s) to identify problem(s) of interest and develop novel AI techniques.
* Translate ideas into practical code (in frameworks such as PyTorch, Caffe 2).
* Write up research results in the form of an academic paper and submit to a top conference in the relevant area.
Duration of Program: a one-year research training
How to Apply: Visit link below.