The University of British Columbia, Canada is pleased to partner with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to provide comprehensive scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa. The Program provides access to education for academically talented, yet economically marginalized young people. More than 77 students from Africa will receive comprehensive undergraduate scholarships to live and learn at the University of British Columbia thanks to a $25 million grant from The MasterCard Foundation.
Fields of Study: Undergraduate degree in one of the following Faculties at UBC’s Vancouver campus:
* Faculty of Arts
* Faculty of Applied Science (Engineering)
* Faculty of Forestry (Bachelor of Science in Forestry)
* Faculty of Land & Food Systems (including Global Resource Systems; Food, Nutrition & Health; Applied Biology [Applied Animal Biology, Applied Plant & Soil Sciences or Food & the Environment])
* Sauder School of Business (Bachelor of Commerce)
Eligibility: To be eligible for consideration as an undergraduate for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC, the nominee must:
* be a citizen of and residing in a Sub-Saharan African country;
* present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show they lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in their home country or elsewhere;
* have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and show leadership qualities or potential;
* demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities outside the classroom, in the school and/or community;
* be graduating/recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school;
* be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian Study Permit;
* commit to returning to Africa immediately after graduation from UBC in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others.
Number of Scholarships: 77 students over the next 10 years
Value of the Program: Selected students will receive a scholarship equivalent to the costs related to attaining a degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses. You will also receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support which will enable you to build experiences and competencies critical for academic success.
Duration of Scholarship: Full period of study
How to Apply: Visit link below.