The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University recognizes students who are residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries (including French-speaking students), who come from the most challenged socioeconomic backgrounds and who show outstanding academic and leadership abilities. McGill will welcome 91 Scholars from Africa over the next ten years.
Field of Study: Development related courses excluding Dentistry, Medicine, Law, Theology, Farm Management, Physical and Occupational Therapy, Music, and Programs from the School of Continuing Studies.
* You must qualify academically for admission to McGill University.
* You must be a first-time applicant to university (transfer applicants are not eligible).
* You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. French-speaking applicants are welcome.
* You must have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community.
* You must have the potential for meaningful future service to your community as a leader engaged in dynamic local and global social change.
* Your financial status must be in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
Number of Scholarships: Over the next ten years, McGill will welcome 67 MasterCard Foundation Scholars at the undergraduate level and another 24 at the Master’s level, for a total of 91.
Value of the Program: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at McGill will receive a holistic set of financial, social, and academic supports throughout their education and during their post-graduate transitions.
Duration of Scholarship: four years duration of the undergraduate degree
How to Apply: Visit link below.