The University of British Columbia, Canada is pleased to partner with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to provide comprehensive scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa. The Program provides access to education for academically talented, yet economically marginalized young people. More than 35 students from Africa will receive comprehensive scholarships to live and learn at the University of British Columbia thanks to a $25 million grant from The MasterCard Foundation..
Eligible Fields of Study: Master’s degree in one of the following programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus;
* Full-Time MBA Program
* Master of Science (MSc)
* Master of Applied Science (MASc)
* Master of Sustainable Forest Management (MSFM)
* Master of International Forestry (MIF)
* Master of Geomatics for Environmental Management (MGEM)
* Master of Food and Resource Economics (MFRE)
* Master of Food Science (MFS)
* Master of Land and Water Systems (MLWS)
* Master of Educational Administration and Leadership (M.Ed)
* Master of Higher Education (M.Ed)
* Master in Science Education (M.Ed)
* Master of Public Health (MPH)
* have completed a Bachelor’s degree;
* be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country;
* present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere;
* have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and show leadership qualities or potential;
* demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities in their current profession, university or community;
* be a person who requires a Canadian study permit to study in Canada;
* commit to returning to Africa immediately after graduation from UBC in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others.
Number of Scholarships: 35 students over the next 10 years
Value of the Program: Selected students will receive a scholarship equivalent to the costs related to attaining a degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses. You will also receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support which will enable you to build experiences and competencies critical for academic success.
Duration of Scholarship: Full period of study
How to Apply: Visit link below.