Through the OMAFRA-U of G Partnership, HQP scholarships are awarded to support future generations of researchers, policy-makers and innovators in agri-food. Masters and PhD students complete research that meets OMAFRA’s research priorities and learn firsthand how forward-thinking research can be mobilized to have a positive impact on society.
The program provides $2.5 million over five years for graduate scholarships in OMAFRA-U of G research theme and priority areas, and has provided specialized agri-business and workplace experience for over 125 graduates to-date.
Fields of Study: OMAFRA’s priorities are contained within the following seven theme areas:
* Agricultural Policy and Rural Development
* Bioeconomy – Industrial Uses
* Emergency Management
* Environmental Sustainability
* Food for Health
* Product Development and Enhancement through Value Chain Collaborations
* Production Systems (Plants and Animals)
Eligibility: To be eligible for the HQP Scholarship Program you must:
* be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or studying under an international visa;
* be entering your first semester of a Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph;
* not have already started your graduate program;
* not be an OMAFRA employee;
* not concurrently hold other major awards such as NSERC, OGS, SSHRC or CIHR.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
* Students receive specialized in-class training in business, agriculture and commercialization, and have meaningful employment experiences during the work semesters that are included as part of their graduate studies.
Duration of Program: Master’s students (thesis-based) study for a maximum of two years, and Doctoral students for a maximum of three years.
How to Apply: Visit link below.