Microsoft Research is on the lookout for exceptional students in computer science, electrical engineering, and mathematics, as well as interdisciplinary studies, to apply for the two-year PhD fellowship program. The Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship Program has supported 122 fellows since the program was established in 2008, many of whom have gone on to work within the Microsoft Research organization. Others have gone on to perform pioneering research elsewhere within the technology industry or accept faculty appointments at leading universities.
* Applicants for the Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship Program must be nominated by their universities, and their nominations must be confirmed by the office of the chair of the eligible department. Direct applications from students are not accepted.
* Students must attend a United States or Canadian university and be enrolled in the computer science, electrical engineering, or mathematics department. If your department is within the scope of these areas but is titled differently, you are eligible.
* The proposed research must be closely related to the research topics carried out by Microsoft Research as noted in the Research areas tab. We are particularly interested in proposals related to Systems & Networking and AI (including Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and Robotics).
* Students must be in their second or third year of an eligible PhD program in the fall semester or quarter of the year. The nominating university will be asked to confirm the student’s PhD program start date (month/year).
* A maximum of three applicants per eligible department, per eligible university, will be accepted. A total of nine applications per university will be allowed.
* Microsoft will have discretion as to how any remaining funds will be used if the student is no longer qualified to receive funding (e.g. if the student un-enrolls from the program, graduates, or transfers to a di
* The recipient must remain an active, full-time student in a PhD program during the two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit the award.
* A recipient of a Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship may not receive another fellowship from another company or institution for the same academic period. Fellows accepting multiple fellowships will become ineligible to receive continued funding from Microsoft.
Number of Awardees: A maximum of three applicants per eligible department, per eligible university, will be accepted. A total of nine applications per university will be allowed.
Value of Fellowship:
* The fellowship recipient award will cover 100 percent of the tuition and fees for two academic years
* A stipend of US$28,000 is provided each year to help cover living expenses while in school
* A conference and travel allowance of US$4,000 is provided each year for recipients to attend professional conferences or seminars
* The award includes the opportunity to complete one salaried internship with leading Microsoft researchers working on cutting-edge projects related to the recipient’s field of study.
* Fellowships are awarded to recipients for two consecutive academic years only and are not available for extension.
Duration of Fellowship: 2 years
How to Apply: Visit link below.