The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to brand Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. VCS supports students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
Fields of study: The Vanier Scholarships support doctoral research in social sciences and/or humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering, and health-related fields.
Eligibility: Open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign students pursuing a doctoral degree at eligible Canadian universities
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
* be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
* be pursuing your first doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
* intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating university;
* not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1.
* have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the university for its definition of a first-class average; and
* not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR,NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Value and Duration of Scholarship: $50,000 annually for three years.
Number of Scholarship: Up to 167 scholarships are awarded annually.
How to Apply: Visit link below.