The UBC Faculty of Forestry’s Future Forests Fellowship aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
Field of Study: The fellowship recipient will enroll in a UBC PhD program and conduct research focused in one of the following areas:
* Forest Products Biotechnology
* Forest Genomics
* Climate Change
* Urban Forestry
* Forest Management
* Forested Landscapes
* Salmon Ecology
* Forest Health
* Forests and Indigenous Peoples
* Forests and Human Health
* Applicants must be seeking financial support for their first doctoral degree.
* Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for admission to full time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry and intend to register beginning September
* To receive funding, the successful recipient of the Future Forests Fellowship must:
o remain enrolled as a full-time student in the UBC Forestry doctoral program and demonstrate continued satisfactory progress documented through annual progress reports;
o not hold any other awards from the Canadian government or the University of British Columbia at the same time as the Future Forests Fellowship.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: $70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in the preparation and conduct of research.
Duration of Program: 4 years
How to Apply: Visit link below.