Each year, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation rewards outstanding doctoral candidates who are enrolled or about to be enrolled in a social sciences and humanities program and who are doing research in areas related to the four themes of the foundation. This award, the most prestigious of its type in Canada, has continuously attracted the very best scholars in the social sciences and humanities, individuals with a passion for public engagement and who are likely to become leading national and international figures.
Field of study: Social Sciences and Humanities related studies, preferably one of the following:
* Human Rights and Dignity
* Responsible Citizenship
* Canada in the World
* People and their Natural Environment
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value of the Program:
* $40,000 per year for three years;
* $20,000 per year for three years, as research and travel allowance;
* Opportunity for a fourth year: writing or dissemination scholarship;
* Advice from a mentor from various spheres of Canadian public life, starting the second year of the scholarship;
* Development of leadership potential;
* Support from an outstanding community of scholars, fellows and mentors, and opportunities for interaction with 350 leaders and personalities in every sector of the humanities and social sciences;
* Involvement in lively exchange with other researchers or scholars and a keen interest in contributing to public dialogue;
* Collaboration with Trudeau mentors, fellows and scholars on interdisciplinary projects going beyond their own field of expertise;
* Sharing of innovative ideas at events organized by or in conjunction with the Foundation.
Duration: For the period of the programme
How to Apply: Visit link below.