The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR), a Canadian-based global organization, brings together more than 400 researchers from 16 countries who are pursuing answers to some of the most difficult challenges facing the world. The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding and support to help early career researchers build networks and essential skills to position them as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
Fields of Research:
* Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
* Bio-Inspired Solar Energy
* Gravity & the Extreme Universe
* Humans & the Microbiome
* Molecular Architecture of Life
* Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, but must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment.
* Scholars’ research interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
* Be available to attend a two-day in-person interview in Toronto, Canada. Travel costs will be covered by CIFAR.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Program: CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
* $100,000 CDN in undesignated research support
* A two-year appointment to a CIFAR program aligned with their research interests
* Mentorship from experienced researchers
* Specialized leadership and communications skills training
Duration of Program: 2 years.
How to Apply: Visit link below.