Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with a customized research management training component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
* An exclusive research management curriculum for postdoctoral fellows in any discipline
* A minimum one-year research project (normally two years in duration) with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise
* A Partner Organization Business Case, developed to outline project objectives, risks, and stakeholder success criteria, and ensure project value
Elevate fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
* Mitacs Elevate is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international applicants. The fellow must be based at a university located in the same province as the partner organization for the duration of the fellowship.
* Fellows must be committed to the two-year fellowship, including the training and development, when applying to Elevate. Replacement and/or substitute fellows are not allowed.
* Postdoctoral fellows may apply for Mitacs Elevate fellowship if their date of graduation from a PhD program is no more than 5 years prior to the proposed start date the research project.
* Successful candidates must have fulfilled all degree requirements (e.g., successful defense, final deposit, and signoff of dissertation) for their PhD at time of project start date
* Fellows cannot apply to multiple Mitacs programs for the same period of time.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
* $55,000 minimum annual stipend/salary
* Training curriculum valued at $7,500 per year
* Submission assistance, including application feedback, from Mitacs representatives
* Certificate of completion after receipt of their exit survey and final report submission
Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply: Visit link below.