The Directorate-General for Educational and Cultural Cooperation, through the Academic Exchange Department, designs and manages the Ministry of Foreign Affairs´ Scholarship Program for Foreigners. The scholarships of the Mexican Government present two programs: the scholarship for academic studies and the scholarship for special programs.
The scholarships for academic studies are offered to take complete programs for Specialization, Master´s or PhD Degrees, and Postgraduate Researches. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelor´s and Postgraduate Degree. On the other hand, the scholarships for special programs are offered to take short-term fellowships addressed to Visiting Professors, Researchers in Mexico´s issues, Media Contributors, Art Production Fellowships, etc.
Field of Study: Scholarships are provided to study any one of the courses available at participating Mexican institutions except Business administration, Plastic surgery, accounting, marketing, dentistry, Odontology and advertising.
Eligible African Countries: Algeria ,Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Saharawi, Arab Rep., Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Eligibility: The scholarships will be awarded on academic excellence.
* Candidates cannot be living in Mexico at the time of application.
* Except in special cases, scholarships cannot begin in November or December.
* Requests for information and all scholarship applications must be submitted to the Mexican embassy or concurrent embassy of the applicant’s country or to the designated
Mexican institution. Only applications that fulfill all of the requirements will be considered.
* All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with translations into Spanish.
* Candidates will be informed of the results by the corresponding Mexican embassy or designated Mexican institution.
* The scholarships are not transferable and cannot be deferred to future years.
Number of Awards: Several
Value of the Program:
* Enrollment fees and tuition
* Health Insurance
* Transportation from Mexico city to the Host Institution
* Monthly Stipend
Duration of Program:
* Undergraduate and graduate academic mobility programs- one academic term (quarter, trimester or semester)
* -Graduate research and postdoctoral fellowships-12 months (1 month minimum)
* -Specialization-1 year
* -Master’s degree- 2 Years
* -Doctorate- 3 years
* -Medical specialties and subspecialties- 3 Years
How to Apply: Visit link below.