With two new modalities, the Colombian government opens Spanish as a Foreign Language (ELE) Scholarship Programme for tourist guides and students from Asia and Africa to study Spanish in Colombia.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Spanish as a Foreign Language (ELE) Scholarship Programme:
* Be a national of an African country.
* Be tourist guides duly certified or students who have outstanding academic results and are enrolled in the last academic year of their undergraduate course or in a postgraduate course.
* Have a good knowledge of English (certified B1 level minimum).
* Have been born between January 1, 1978 and December 31, 1998. * Accept and carry out the rules of this 2018 initiative, submitted as Annex I of this document.
* Have good physical and mental health.
* Have the necessary resources to cover the costs of the first month of their stay in Colombia. It is suggested a minimum amount of US$600 (six hundred US Dollars).
* Have the necessary resources to cover for the costs of the Colombian Alien ID, approximately US$70 (seventy US Dollars.)
* Not to have participated in the previous versions of ELE initiatives offered by the Colombian Government, developed since 2013.Note: Knowledge of basic Spanish (level A1) will be positively valued. Possession of a valid USA or Schengen Visa will be positively valued.
Number of Awards: 16 scholarships will be offered for tourist guides and undergraduate and graduate students from African countries interested in learning Spanish.
Value of Award:
* Scholarships include, among other benefits, a monthly stipend, round-trip airline ticket and tuition at the university in which the student will take the course. The beneficiaries will also be linked, through volunteer activities, to projects with social orientation developed by educational institutions, thus generating greater exchange and socialization with the local community.
* In the same way, the scholarship holders will have the opportunity to participate in the “What I like is Colombia” contest, created so that tourist guides and undergraduate and graduate students from Asia and Africa can share their experiences and experiences in the country. Through publications and the use of the hashtag #SoyELEColombia in different social networks.
* At the end of the course, students will receive a certification of their level of proficiency in Spanish, once they take the Siele (International Service of Evaluation of the Spanish Language).
Duration of Programme: four months
How to Apply: Visit link below.