The Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) was established by Beijing Municipal Government, aiming to provide tuition fees fully or partially to the international students studying or applying for studying in Beijing.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2) Educational background and age limit
* Applicants for undergraduate studies in Beijing must have completed senior high school with good grades and be under the age of 30. Applicants for Masters Degree studies in Beijing must have Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35. Applicants for Doctoral degree studies in Beijing must have Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
* Applicants for advanced studies must have an undergraduate degree or be in the second year of a university course and be under the age of 50. Applicants for long term language study must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
* Visiting scholar candidates in Beijing must have a Masters or higher degree or hold academic titles of associate professor or higher, and be under the age of 50.
3) Requirement for the applicant’s language proficiency is based on the requirement of the academic programs and determined by the individual higher learning institution.
4) An applicant receives financial support from other Chinese government scholarship programs or organizations/agencies would not be eligible for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students
Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Scholarship: The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students only covers tuition fees.
Duration of Scholarships:
* Applicants for Bachelor, Master’s and Doctoral Degrees: 4 years.
* Applicants for Chinese language training or relevant advanced studies: one year.
* Scholars and international students for specialized training: one year.
* Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing: one year.
How to apply: Visit link below.