The scholarship funds a candidate to undertake an MSc in a subject relevant to the control of infectious disease in Africa at either the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan or at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), London, UK. Both residential and distance learning MSc courses are available at LSHTM. Candidates offered a course at the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki will be required to reside in Japan for the duration of the course.
Eligible African Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
To be taken at: Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), London, UK
Eligibility: Candidates applying for an Africa London Nagasaki (ALN) MSc scholarship must meet the following criteria.
Candidates applying for a Scholarship at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine must:
- * -Be of African nationality and normally be resident in sub-Saharan Africa, be fluent in English.
- * -If the applicant’s first language is not English or if the studies at university have not been conducted wholly in the medium of English candidates must take and pass one of the approved internet-based tests (IELTS, TOEFL or a Pearson Test of English).
- * -The standard of English needed to pass the tests is high and is in line with the level of English required by the UK Border Authority in order to issue a student visa.
- * -Have a first or upper second class BSc degree or equivalent from an established university in a relevant area of science (a medical degree is not essential).
- * -Usually have had at least two years’ prior research experience in an area relevant to the study of infectious diseases.
- * -Have the support of the head of their institution for undertaking their chosen course.
NEKKEN Candidates applying for a Scholarship at the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagaski must:
- * -Be of African nationality and normally be resident in sub-Saharan Africa.
- * -Be fluent in English.
- * -Have obtained an MB ChB or equivalent medical qualification from a recognized university.
- * -Have had at least two years of clinical experience following graduation, have the support of the head of their institution for undertaking their chosen course.
Number of Awards: Four (4)
Value of Scholarship: Up to a maximum award of US$50,000 each to cover tuition fees, travel and living expenses
How to Apply: Visit link below.