In just over a decade, the Rotary Peace Centers have trained more than 900 fellows for careers in peace building. The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Fellows are committed to community and international service and the pursuit of peace. Two types of peace fellowships are available:
* Master’s degree
* Professional development certificate
Eligibility: Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
* Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
* Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
* Excellent leadership skills
* Master’s degree applicants: minimum three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor’s degree
* Certificate applicants: minimum five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
Rotary Peace Fellowships may not be used for doctoral study. And the following people are not eligible for the master’s degree program:
* Active and honorary Rotary members
* Employees of a Rotary club or district, Rotary International, or other Rotary entity
* Spouses, lineal descendants (children or grandchildren by blood or legal adoption), spouses of lineal descendants, or ancestors (parents or grandparents by blood) of any living person in these categories
* Former Rotary members and their relatives as described above (within 36 months of their resignation)
Recipients of Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships or professional development certificate fellowships must wait three years after completion of the scholarship or fellowship to apply for the master’s degree program.
Rotary Peace Fellows who have completed the master’s degree program must wait five years to apply for the certificate program
Number of Scholarships: up to 100
Value of Scholarship: The Rotary Peace Fellowship covers:
* -Tuition and fees
* -Room and board
* -Round-trip transportation
* -Internship/field study expenses.
Duration of Scholarship: 15 to 24 months
How to Apply: Visit link below.