Since 1996, the Graduate School of Business and Commerce of Keio University has been training promising tax personnel in the field of tax policy and administration with its Master’s Degree Program in Taxation Policy and Management. This program brings together the cooperation of Keio University, the National Tax Agency of Japan (NTA), and the World Bank in an alliance between public and private institutions. Keio University, a leading private university in Japan, established the program as one of the partnership programs of the Joint Japan /World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP).
Eligible Countries: World Bank (non-industrialized) Member countries
* Be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing.
* Not hold dual citizen of any developed country.
* Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor.
* Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned at least three years prior to the Scholarship Application Deadline.
* Not received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan.
* Be employed in a paid and full time position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations”.
* Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three years of recent full time paid professional experience in the field of tax policy and administration after a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant 18 Admission Information is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be full time or paid.
* Not be an Executive Director, his / her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group(the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
* Admitted to the University unconditionally or conditionally only upon securing financing.
* Demonstrate proficiency in the English language at the level of a TOEFL score of 550(PBT), 213(CBT) or 79 (iBT) or better, or an IELTS score of 6.0 or better.
* Meet any other criteria for admission established by Keio University.
* Applicants must not be currently pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D. program in industrialized countries.
* Applicants must not have had one or more years of training / studies and / or residency in an industrialized country.
* Applicants must not be permanent residents / nationals of industrialized countries.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The JJ/WBGSP scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
* Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In
addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
* Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
* A monthly allowance of JPY 152,000 to cover living expenses, including books.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship does NOT cover:
* VISA application costs
* Expenses to bring and/or support a scholar’s family members;
* Extra-curricular courses or training;
* Language training not provided by the graduate program;
* Additional travel during the course of the study program;
* Expenses related to research, supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
* Educational equipment such as computers.
Duration of Program: Two years
How to Apply: Visit link below.