The Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme (Scholarship Programme) provides Customs officials from developing countries with an opportunity to pursue Master’s level studies and training in Customs related fields in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan. The Master degree programme comprises two segments: an academic segment and a practical segment. The academic segment starts with focused teaching of foundational skills in strategic management and IPR. The practical segment is taught in co-operation with the Japan Customs, including the Japan Customs Training Institute.
* A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
* Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
* After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least. After half a year and 3 years from the completion of the Programme, they should report to the university indicating the post they occupy in their home administration and how they have been utilizing the experience they acquired in Japan.
* A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1.
Number of Awards: 55 Customs officials from 38 Members in all the WCO regions
Value of Awards:
* A monthly stipend of 147,000 yen which covers living expenses such as food, clothing, and other daily expenses, as well as accommodations, transportation, medical treatment, insurance, and various miscellaneous expenses related to your study at AGU.
* Admission(290,000 yen) and tuition fees (902,000 yen) of which will be paid directly to AGU by the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship Program.
* Round-trip economy-class air tickets between candidate’s home country and Japan. Airfare is provided for the scholar only and the travel must be on the date specified by AGU.
Duration of Awards: For the period of the master’s programme
How to Apply: Visit link below.