Applications are open to apply for Program in Economic and Public Policy (PEPP) studies in the University of Tsukuba through the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) of the World Bank. The objective of the Program in Economic Policy (PEP) is to provide, within the time frame, training and the necessary skills for the conception, design, and implementation of development policies. Our focus is on International Development with a trans-disciplinary approach to the economic and social problems of developing countries and former socialist countries.
Eligibility: applicant must:
* Be a national of a World Bank (WB) member country that is eligible to receive WB financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the WB financing.
* Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and have completed 16 years of school education (up to undergraduate level). A strong background in economics and associated quantitative tools (linear algebra, calculus and basic statistics) is highly recommended.
* Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan.
* Be employed in a paid and full-time position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations.”
* Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three (3) years of recent full-time paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. If the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be full-time or paid.
* Be under the age of forty-five (45) at the Scholarship Application Deadline.
* Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), or a close relative of the aforementioned.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
* Round trip air travel (economy class) between home country and Japan, plus a travel allowance of US$ 500 for each one-way trip
* Full tuition and fees
* A monthly living stipend
* National health insurance
* Other program expenses such as Japanese lessons, educational trips, internship, etc.
Duration of Awards: 18 months
How to Apply: Visit link below.