The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of the university by enlisting the help of highly capable students especially students from foreign countries. Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected doctoral students for specific research projects. The students pursue the doctoral course in English (excl. Japanese students) while at the same time assisting their host professor as a research assistant (RA). Through this program KUT wishes to expand and deepen international ties with academic and educational institutions all over the world.
Field of Study: Doctoral Program (3 years), Department of Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering
Eligibility: Applicants are required to meet all of the following
* To have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date
* To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrolment
* To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
* To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
* To have high English proficiency
* The SSP student must work 50 hours per month for a specific research project at the university.
* The SSP student must report his/her study and research achievements to the dean of the Graduate School of Engineering at the end of each semester. The submitted report will be evaluated by the dean of the Graduate School of Engineering.
Number of Scholarships: Fifteen (15)
Value of Scholarship:
* Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
* To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid for research project work.
* 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
Duration of sponsorship: Doctoral Program will last for 3 years. Scholarship: 1 year.
How to Apply: Visit link below.