The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of Kochi University of Technology by enlisting the help of highly capable students especially students from foreign countries. Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected doctoral students for specific research projects. The students pursue the doctoral course in English (excluding Japanese students) while at the same time assisting their host professor as a research assistant (RA).
Field of Study: 3 years Doctoral Program in the Department of Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering
Eligibility: Applicants are required:
* To have nationality other than Japanese.
* To have or have the intention to acquire the “College Student” status of Japanese residence, at the time of entrance, in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act in Japan.
* To have or to be expected to acquire a master’s degree before enrollment.
* To have excellent academic records in both bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
* To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment.
* To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work as a research assistant in one of research projects listed here
* To have high English proficiency.
To complete the scholarship program and acquire a doctoral degree, publication of 2 or more high level reviewed papers is required within 3 years.
Number of Awards: Not more than 3
Value of Scholarship:
* Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
* To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid for research project work.
* 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
Duration of Award: 1 year. The term will be extended for increments of one year up to a total of three years, unless the university terminates the SSP student status.
How to Apply: Visit link below.