The “Guadalupe scholarship” Program, henceforth called “Becas Guadalupe” program, is a project that Harambee ONGD launched on the occasion of the Beatification of the Spanish scientist Guadalupe Ortiz de Landázuri on May 18, 2019. The program will award 100 mobility grants for African women researchers over a period of 10 years, calling for 10 annual grants that may be applied by women scientists from sub-Saharan Africa for stays of between 1 to 6 months in research centres and universities.
Eligibility: African women, living in sub-Saharan Africa and active in some research group of one university, hospital or other institutions, located in African countries. Doctoral students will also be considered and, exceptionally, graduated students who wish to complete Master’s studies, postgraduate studies, or specialization programs.
The applications fall into the following categories:
- A) Predoctoral scholarships for stays in research centres and universities.
- B) Exceptionally, the possibility of carrying out specialization programs, a Master’s or postgraduate studies in those entities that have signed a previous agreement with Harambee, is also considered (see a list of agreements already active in this link www.harambee.es).
- C) Postdoctoral scholarships (applicant under 35 years old).
- D) Postdoctoral senior scholarships (applicant over 35 years old)
- The applicants must certify their link with a research group in their own country (modalities C and D).
- Doctoral students must certify their registration in a doctoral program of their own university.
- In the case of applying for a stay of specialization, Master or Postgraduate studies and not being enrolled in a doctoral program, they must accredit the degree of studies required by the option requested.
- A level B2 of English or Spanish is required by the scholarships.
Number of Awards: 10 every year
Value of Award:
- Each scholarship aims to enable the integration of the applicant into a senior research group, either in Spain, Italy, or an African country, with the aim of acquiring or improving scientific and technical skills, and establishing future collaborations.
- The stay should be accomplished in a research group of a university different from their own for a period comprising between 1 and 6 months (the stay can be extended for 3 months more, if funding is available and with the agreement of the scientific committee).
- When an application has been made for a Master’s degree, Postgraduate studies or a program of specialization, the duration will depend on the conditions expressed in the agreement between the receiving institution and Harambee.
- Scholarships can be requested by women scientists from sub-Saharan Africa for stays (from 1 to 6 months) in international research centres and universities. The scholarships, financed by public and private sponsors, donations and own funds, will cover travel, expenses to and from the country of residence, accommodation, daily allowances and medical insurance.
How to Apply: