Women for Africa Foundation opens applications for African women undergraduate and graduate students for scholarships at Spanish and Portuguese Universities
Eligibility: In general, any person who meets the following requirements:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The scholarship includes one return ticket to-from the student’s country of origin, university fees, health insurance, accommodation and food.
- Cost coverage for other extra expenses, such as the cost of opening a bank account, transport in the city and pocket money, is not guaranteed.
- Responsibilities: Once the scholarship has been completed, they are committed to returning to their place of residence and to providing a report on their personal and academic experience – on the basis provided by the Women for Africa Foundation – so that an evaluation of the outcomes can be carried out and, if necessary, make changes in the scholarship program as appropriate. Likewise, The Foundation and the Spanish universities of destination may make full or partial use, on their website or in some of their publications, regarding the content of the report prepared by the scholarship holders after their stay in Spain. In this case, the Women for Africa Foundation may mention the author (s) of said content.
Duration of Program:
- The scholarships included in this call have a variable duration depending on the modality agreed with each of the host universities and the training program offered, comprising of periods ranging from short stays, as is the case of some research projects, or to four years for those aiming to Master and Doctorate.
- The majority of the scholarships that are offered in this program are for the 2019-2020 academic year.
How to Apply: See link below