OWSD is offering a fellowship program to support Women Scientists from Science and Technology Lagging Countries, who are interested in the STEM Fields.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for the ECWS fellowship applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Eligible countries
- Applicants must have been resident in one of the listed Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs) for at least 5 years.
- The fellowship must be undertaken in one of the listed STLCs.
Please note this list may be subject to slight variation each year according to criteria established by our donor, IDRC, and in agreement with OWSD. Each year the list will be updated when the call for applications is opened.
2. Eligible STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Agricultural Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Chemical Sciences
- Computing and Information Technology
- Engineering Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
3. Eligible academic qualification
PhD in one of the above listed study fields.
- PhD awarded not more than 10 years prior to application.
4. Eligible employment
- At the time of application, applicants must be already employed at the university or research institute where the project will be carried out.
- The university or research institute must be based in one of the eligible countries.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they will receive a salary from the above institute for the duration of the two-year fellowship.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The ECWS fellowship is for two years and provides up to USD 50,000 to enable fellows to maintain an international level of research as well as initiate collaborations and partnerships with industry and the private sector.
- The ECWS fellowship does not provide for the fellow’s salary which must be guaranteed by the fellow’s institute.
Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply: See links below