Power Africa is a US Government initiative led by USAID that aims to double access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa. This year, Power Africa joins the Regional YALI Leadership Center Dakar in the framework of the professional training program for a new generation of women leaders in the energy sector. The training will focus on core leadership skills as well as entrepreneurship and public management in the energy sector.
Eligibility: Admission to the Young Women in African Power Program is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are women, 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission
- Must have experience working in or leading a project in the energy sector
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania,and Uganda
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English
- Must have a passport valid for the period of the program
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program in Nairobi, Kenya
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- There is no fee to apply for or participate in the program.
- The program will cater for round-trip transportation to the Center, lodging, meals, and course materials for the successful participants.
- The training is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions in person at the Regional Leadership Center in East Africa (Nairobi, Kenya).
Duration of Programme: 3 weeks
How to Apply: Apply below