Across Africa there are many talented and academically gifted girl students who are unable to complete their schooling due to a variety of social, economic and/or cultural reasons. Key among these is a lack of financial support. In her lifetime Margaret Sanders was a keen supporter of girls’ education.
- Each Full Member AISA school is invited to identify and process applications from female students who are first country nationals residing in countries where the school is located.
- There is no age restriction for this scholarship but candidates will normally be secondary school students (Grade 9-12). Support for students commencing earlier than grade 9 will be considered under exceptional circumstances.
- All applications must be received from a Full Member School. Individual students cannot apply to AISA directly for this scholarship.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Participating schools commit to covering core tuition costs associated with the student’s education, year on year until graduation. The Margaret Sanders AISA Scholarship supports the school contribution by covering a full range of incidental expenses such as extracurricular activities, school camps and IT expenses.
- Award maximum: US$2,000 per annum per student
How to Apply: See link below