Who are the Award winners interviewed in this book?
These are people from different African countries including Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, DR Congo, Mozambique and other African countries, from diverse background, discipline and level of study who have won at least one major scholarship award. Some of them have won multiple awards to fund their education. They are:
- Leticia Taimo, winner Mandela Rhodes Scholar and Commonwealth scholarship. Scholarship Application Assessor for Canon Collins Scholarship (for Master’s degree) – Mozambican, lives in South Africa
- Chuka Oham, winner ITS Student Essay Competition; The NICTA Research Project Award (NRPA); High Achievers Scholarship and Developing Solutions Award, University of Nottingham (Masters); University of New South Wales International Student Tuition Free Scholarship, Australia (PhD); and UNSW International Student Research Stipend Scholarship (PhD) – Nigerian
- Bryan Chesoli, winner and finalist for following awards: Queen’s Young Leaders Award, Ashoka Africa Youth Champion, UNESCO Global Citizenship Award, Silver Medal UNLEASH, Associate Fellows of the Royal Commonwealth Society and Youth Advisor at MasterCard Foundation – Kenyan
- Afolabi Kazir, Winner Total E & P Scholarship, Nigeria and the African Graduate Fellowship at American University Cairo (Masters in Sustainable Development) – Nigerian
- Abel Koka, winner Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Scholarship at University of British Columbia, Canada (for Master in International Forestry) – Tanzanian
- Yusuf Karu, winner of the Scholarship for Christian Young People, Budapest Hungary by the Tempus Public Foundation. (for Bachelor’s degree in Nursing) – Nigerian
- Oghenebrorhie Emuophedaro, winner MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at University of Toronto, Canada (for Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering) – Nigerian
- Ugo Ndem-Chijioke, winner MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at University of Toronto, Canada (for Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering) – Nigerian
- Adebayo Afuape, winner VLIR-UOS scholarship by Belgium Government (for Master’s degree in Food Technology) – Nigerian
- Mark David, winner Commonwealth Shared Scholarship at University of Portsmouth, UK (Masters in Business and Management) – Ugandan
- Junior Cimwang Yav, winner Civil Society Leadership Awards. (for Master’s degree in Immigration Studies) – DR Congo
- Moses Onyeabor, winner MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at Arizona State University, USA (for bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry) – Nigerian
- Charles Adedugba, winner Chevening Scholarship at University of Nottingham, UK (for Masters in Sustainable and Renewable Energy) – Nigerian
- Oluwaseun Mesele, Winner Commonwealth Shared Scholarship at Cardiff University (Masters) – Nigerian
- Flobby Dorme, winner Fulbright US Scholars Program – Haitian
- Daniel Ddiba, winner Swedish Institute Scholarship (Masters in Environmental Engineering and Sustainable infrastructure at KTH Royal Institute of technology Stockholm, Sweden) – Ugandan
How did you decide the award winners to interview?
Some of the award winners contacted us after they won scholarship(s) through our platform. The rest, we reached out to them either directly on their professional profile or by recommendation from other winners.
We verified the legitimacy of their awards before inviting them for an interview.
Who should read this book?
This book aims at Africans looking to pursue their undergraduate, masters or doctoral degrees locally or (especially) internationally. Our goal is to make it easy for prospective African students to instantly access available opportunities to fund their education and make the best of these opportunities.
Will buying this book guarantee I’ll get a Scholarship?
No! There are no guarantees that you will win a scholarship. We have made the conscious effort to provide the knowledge and information gathered through research and experience. It’s what you do with the knowledge and information that will get you scholarship.
Will I find the opportunities listed in this book online?
Yes! Majority of the opportunities listed in this book can be found online, much like the majority of what the teacher teaches in the classroom can also be found on the internet. What you get from this book is years (since 2009) of research put into one document. So you don’t have to exhaust all the time and effort searching for opportunities. We have done the most of that job for you.
Who is the author of this book?
This book is published by Edxtra Associates Ltd, an information company based in Lagos, Nigeria, and owner of AfterSchoolAfrica.com, the first regularly-updated online platform for Africans looking for opportunities to further their education around the world since 2009.
The content of this book is a collection of the knowledge and information gathered through extensive research and personal interviews with past award winners. This book is a result of the effort of the entire AfterSchoolAfrica team lead by the founder, Ikenna Odinaka C.
How will I receive the book if I buy it from this platform?
If you order either of the PDF ebook or PDF ebook + 10 MP3, the file(s) you ordered will be sent to the email address you provide to download it immediately. If you order the book from Amazon, the delivery is handled by Amazon and is not within our control.
Is this publication a physical or printed book?
For now, you can only get the physical book from Amazon bookstore. The link is provided above. You have more options to get the book instantly in digital format.
How can I buy this book from my country?
You can buy this book from anywhere in the world with your MasterCard or VISA credit or debit card denominated in your local or foreign currency; as long as your bank allows international transaction with your card.
I have more questions about this book. How can I reach you?
If you have any questions or concerns about the book, contact us from the details below. We’re happy to hear from you.